Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Biggest Loser Pawnee FBC edition

OK, real quick.

I want to find ways to keep myself motivated and accountable to lose some weight. To that end, 2 of the deacons in my church as well as the pastor and myself got together and decided to start a little weight loss competition to keep us all on track. We have been at it for about 3 weeks so the totals aren't real high yet but oh well, we are doing it. Now that I am back from my camps to start off the month of June I can get back into regular exercise as well as watching what I eat so I can win.

The competition will last for 6 months. We will weigh every 2 weeks and the person who has the highest overall weight loss percentage will be named as the victor. I won't post their numbers and results on here out of respect to their privacy but I will post mine to, as I said, help keep me accountable.

Starting weight 329 (yeah I know, wow)
Weight after first weigh in (320.5) 8.5 pounds lost = 3% weight loss overall (all I did was stop drinking pop)
Weight after second weigh in (319) 1.5 pounds lost = barely under a percentage lost (Not such a great total but I just got back from a week of eating Penny Nicolet's cooking at Falls Creek. Give a brother a break.)

We will weigh in again on the July 6th so we'll see if I do better by then. I am continuing to watch what I eat and am starting to work out again. Yesterday I spent about 30-45 minutes in the weight room and this morning I ran (ok, ok walked) a little over 3 miles. Hopefully I can develop this habit and continue to watch what I eat so I can beat the socks off the other guys. (All in God's love that is)

4 comments:

Danyel said...

I think it's awesome that you all are doing that. And you're a determined man so I'm pretty sure you WILL beat the socks of the other people..all in Christian love. :)

Becky said...

Yaaay, Go Zac!
I am one of the crazy stalker people keeping up with ya'll. So go look at my blog too...and like it.

Fawn said...

Welcome to the blogosphere.

the rigdons said...

yay for priest family bloggers!